Flashcards in Lesson 21 Deck (8):
* the partisan political infighting caused congress's influence to decline.
* his views reflected his partisan bias.
* rain showers are almost unknown phenomena in the Atacama desert of the Chile.
* the musician's phenomenal performance was applauded by the critics.
(n) philanthropy, philanthropist
* the philanthropic work of the foundation benefits all sectors of society.
* his philanthropy is recognized around the world.
* the placid nature of her personality made her easy to work with.
* the waves moved placidly toward shore.
* examples of miro's are plentiful.
* a balanced diet normally provides plenty of the necessary vitamins.
(n) scenery , scene
* the scenic route to the summit is much more interesting than the fastest route.
* the scenery in rural Japan is impressive.
* she has led a sheltered life, her parents having done everything for her.
* everyone looked for shelter from the blazing sun.