Flashcards in Lesson 30 Deck (13):
* they could not convince the girls to go to the dance with them.
* the video made a convincing argument for the recycling of paper and plastic materials.
(adj) endurable , enduring
* how he is able to endure living next to the airport is beyond my comprehension.
* the endurance displayed by the athlete gave evidence of his rigorous training.
forfeit (v) (n)
* usually you must forfeit your native country's citizenship to become a citizen of another country.
* the forfeit occurred because not enough players showed up.
* the diver put himself in a precarious situation among the sharks.
* the cup was positioned precariously on the edge of the table.
* the radio communications were subject to sporadic sunspot interference.
* violent storms occur sporadically in the southern .
* this is a superior fossil of a trilobite.
* the restaurant 's superiority was established shortly after it opened.
* the television program was truncated because the soccer match went into extra time.
* the publisher of the newspaper asked the writer to truncate her report.
(wanton disregard of the rules)
* her wanton disregard of the rules was unexplainable.
* the jealous man was wantonly impolite to the winner.
(there is a widespread belief)
* there is a widespread rumor that there will be no class next Thursday.
* the political influence of the developed countries of the world is widespread.
* It's often said that wisdom is the product of experience.
* It was a wise decision for you to buy a car.
* his witticisms captivated the audience.
* Mark Twain was famous for his sharp wit.
* the directors tried to woo the support of the union.
* the opponents of the proposed highway wooed nearby residents to defend their position.