Flashcards in Lesson 15 Deck (12):
(foster habit) پرورش دادن، باعث شدن
* the industrial revolution fostered the rise of the middle class.
* parents usually foster the development of good habits in their children.
* he gained a lot of experience working as a volunteer.
* he gain in knowledge was impressive.
* bus service to the city was halted due to poor road conditions.
* the supervisor put a halt to the tardiness of the employees.
(harbor a terrorist)
* he harbors ill feelings for her.
* they harbored the political refugee in their home.
* the amount of rainfall this summer has been insignificant.
* the insignificance of his comment become apparent with the passing of time.
* he had a mysterious effect on everyone who heard him speak.
* the man's disappearance was a mystery.
* it's perilous to exceed speed limit.
* there are ample perils in the sport of mountain climbing.
(n) promoter, promotion
(I need a job promotion, promote tourism)
* many nations promote tourism to lure foreign currency.
* the customers responded favorably to the half-price promotion.
(I was redundant)
* students who ask teachers to "repeat that again" are being redundant because "repeat" means "again".
* Lush, redundant vegetation is common in tropical climates.
(play substantial role, substantial achievements)
* the discovery of a vaccine for smallpox was a substantial medical achievement.
* this substantive article will change your opinion of rock music.
* her scene of humor and cheerful personality are some of her most impressive traits.
* Alma's blonde hair is a trait inherited from her father.