Flashcards in Lesson 25 Deck (16):
* the news of the president's visit circulated quickly throughout the city.
* a dollar bill remains in circulation for approximately one and a half years.
* the temperature must be maintained consistently at 75 degree centigrade.
* the policy of the government concerning unemployment has been consistent.
(n) exhibit, exhibition, exhibitor
* the compound exhibits the qualities of an acid.
* it was the best exhibition of talent that I have ever seen.
(n) foundation, founder
* the wealthy woman founded a hospital in her hometown.
* the foundation maintained a number of philanthropic activities.
* improperly (adv)
(n) inappropriately, impropriety
* the disappointing outcome was a result of an improperly prepared petri dish.
* there was an impropriety with the way the funds were spent.
(n) impulsiveness, impulse
* she reacted impulsively to the loud noise.
* many shoppers buy items on impulse.
in frequently (adj)
* Tornados occur infrequently in the eastern part of the United States.
* Deserts are characterized by their infrequent rainfall.
* the failure of the communication system left the towns isolated.
* the doctors were unable to isolate the cause of the epidemic.
* he overtly disregarded the regulations.
* her overt attempt to take control of the discussion failed.
* everyone was profoundly impressed by the news reports.
* the Noble prize is a profound recognition of outstanding achievement.
* car prices rose sharply over the past year.
* there was a sharp change in the humidity after the storm.
* the resort town of Cancun is situated in the northern part of the Yucatan peninsula.
* they found themselves in a very difficult situation.
* the public applauded the president's actions and subsequently his rating in the polls improved.
* this report, and all subsequent reports, must be written in the appropriate style.
* The markings of the insect provided for an unmistakable identification of the species.
* It is unmistakably clear that the report must be finished by noon.
* the school only accepts upstanding young adults.
* the neighborhood has been kept clean and beautiful thanks to its upstanding residents.