Flashcards in Lesson 13 Deck (9):
* the criminal has eluded the police for months.
* success has been elusive for the team.
* It is evident that you are not feeling well.
* all the evidence points to the presence of hydrogen.
(adj) exhausting, exhausted, exhaustive
* they exhausted their energy in ten minutes.
* the exhaustive report was acclaimed by everyone.
* the extensive snowfall caused problems throughout the city.
* the professor extended a warm welcome to the new student.
* the proposal had many beneficial facets.
* it was a multifaceted problem that challenged the entire student body.
* the students were oblivious to the fact that test would cover the entire chapter.
* the coastal inhabitants were oblivious to the dangers of the approaching hurricane.
* rotten eggs emit an offensive odor.
* her offensive remarks angered the entire audience.
* she predictably forgot to do her assignment.
* the government's predictions were accurate.