Flashcards in Lesson 27 Deck (10):
(adj) demonstrative, demonstrable
* the demonstration clarified the procedure for everyone.
* I have never seen the politicians so demonstrative of their feelings.
* he involuntarily worked overtime.
* reflexes are involuntary reactions to external stimuli.
(the marvels of modern life, science)
(I marvel at how.....)
* the Great Wall of china is one of the world's marvels.
* the weather was marvelous for an afternoon get-together in the park.
moderate (adj) (v)
* she made the best of her moderate dancing ability .
* the broadway play was moderately successful.
(It is odd that)
* it is odd to find a person who speaks many languages.
* the moon rock is an oddity available at the museum for all to view.
* the company apologize profusely for the defects in its product.
* she deserved the profuse praise from her teacher.
* since she had little time to speak, the biologist made her presentation succinct.
* the class assignment is to summarize the book's plot as succinctly as possible.
* sustained rainfall is the only hope they have for relief from the drought.
* the trees could not sustain the attack of the locusts.
tangible (adj) # intangible
* the work of a teacher seldom produces tangible results until years after a student has graduated.
* the solution to this problem can be tangibly demonstrated.