Flashcards in Hypothalamic and Pituitary Hormones 1.1 Deck (14):
MOA of Somatropin and Somatrem
Activates IGF-1 via JAK2/STAT signaling cascade
(effects mediated by IGF-1)
Indication of Somatropin and Somatrem (6)
1) GH deficiency
2) Short stature and adiposity in children
3) Hypoglycemia (unopposed insulin)
4) Growth failure assoc with Noonan, Prader-Willi or Turner syndrome in peds.
5) Wasting in HIV pts
6) Short bowl syndrome
Notable PK of Somatropin and Somatrem
AE of Somatropin and Somatrem in children: (7)
3) Intracranial hypertension
6) Otitis Media (Turner Syndrome)
7) Diabetic syndrome
AE of Somatropin and Somatrem in adults: (5)
2) Carpal Tunnel
Somatropin and Somatrem is contraindicated in whom?
Patient's with malignancy
MOA of Sermorelin?
Stimulates release of GH
AE of sermorelin?
Same as Somatropin
Fun fact about sermorelin?
Does not work in patients with defective anterior pituitary
Mecasermin is a?
MOA of Mecasermin
Needs to be combined with IGF-1 binding protein 3 to see clinical effects
Indication of Mecasermin (3)
1) Growth failure due to decreased IGF-1
2) GH receptor mutation
3) Neutralizing anti-GH antibody