Flashcards in MS 4 Deck (15)
What is the criteria for dx of MS?
McDonald criteria of the international panel on dx of MS
What is the McDonald criteria?
- ≥2 attacks, clinical evidence of ≥ 2 lesions
- ≥ 2 attacks, clinical evidence of 1 lesion
- 1 attack, clinical evidence of ≥ 2 lesions
- 1 attack, clinical evidence of 1 lesion (CIS)
- Insidious neurologic progression suggesting MS (PPMS)
When would no additional data be needed for dx of MS?
≥ 2 attacks
clinical evidence of ≥ 2 lesions
What is FSS?
What is the Functional Systems Scores (FSS) based upon?
- standard neuro exam
- Rating the 7 functional systems
How is the FSS scaled?
What is the EDSS?
EDSS is ONLY used for this
How are the ratings from FSS and EDSS used together?
- FSS ratings + observations and info about gait and AD use
- used to rate the EDSS
Scaling the EDSS
- Ordinal scale from 0-10
- 1/2 point increments
EDSS = 0
normal neuro exam
EDSS = 10
death due to MS
Where is the EDSS commonly used?
research (outcomes in clinical trials)
What is the EDSS good for?
tracking where the MS pt is functionally