Flashcards in Back and limb dev Deck (23):
tissue sources for intervertebral discs
direction of dev of vert.
Tissue dev from the side of somites (3)
1. dorsolateral - dermomyotome - dermis
2. dorsal and ventral - myotome - striated muscle
3. ventromedial - sclerotome -
tissue dev from side of myotome
1. dorsal - back muscle
2. ventral - rest of body muscle
3 sclerotome directions and their devs.
1. ventomedial - vert. bodies and disc
2. dorsomedial - neural acrches and meninges
3. ventrolateral - transverse process and ribs
Disc are segmental or intersegmental
vert. are segmental or intersegmental
defects of sclerotome dev (3)
1. hemivert. - lacking somite dev on one side
3. spina bifida - vert arch not formed
types of neural tube spina bifida (2)
2. myloschisis - open spinal cord
3. mylomeninggocele - produces sac out skin
types of vert spina bifida (3)
1. occulta - small gap
2 areas of interaction for limb dev
lateral mesoderm and wolfian plate
expression of what leads to limb bud dev
where does and apical ectodermal ridge (AER) form ?
where dorsal and ventral ectoderm meet
3 types of org. involved in limb dev. and area and their signal modelcules
1. proximodistal - AER - FGF
2. craniocaudal - ZPA - SHH
3. dorsoventral - ectoderm - Wnt-7
Features of proximodistal org.
cells leaving later become more distal
probs of proximodistal org
lack of limb dev - paddle limbs
features of craniocaudal dev.
which side up and down
probs of craniocaudal dev.
features of dorsoventral dev
makes flexors and extensors
signal molecules of AER and ZPA
AER - FGF
ZPA - SHH
what signal and what tissue start limb bud
FGF-10 in mesoderm
toe that is on side of ZPA
little toe or finger